Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Time to go







And so tomorrow morning I will leave Guatemala after being here for about six weeks (minus a day in Mexico). It's hard to pick memories out of so many, but the above photos, in my opinion, do a good job of representing a few of the key experiences I have had here.


I will miss this country. The people here are amazing - they seem to simply refuse to allow the problems in their lives to darken their smiles, and I have never encountered such hospitality and grace. Guatemala - from it's low tangled jungles, to it's Volcano tops so high above the earth you feel like heaven is just out of reach, will always have a special place in my heart, and I hope to come back soon - as there is still so much I haven't seen.


So it's back to Belize for a couple days, and then on home to Canada.


Thanks for reading along, and God bless.


All my best,
Andy

2 comments:

  1. Love these photos ... very heartfelt.

    Guatemala's loss is our gain ... can't wait to have you back home with us for awhile! Safe travels all the way back to good old YVR.

    See you soon!
    Mom X0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is kind of a sad post. But I will be glad to see you and hear all your stories (third photo from the top definitely needs an accompanying story). Beautiful photos as always and a great travel blog! Next Nanowrimo = travel book?

    ReplyDelete