Monday, March 15, 2010

Santa Maria - The top






There is no way to accurately describe the feeling of standing on top of Santa Maria. The first picture is Trooper, the second is me. All around the other volcanoes are like islands in the clouds, and you truly feel like you're on top of the world.



I shot a short video, since I had a feeling I would not be able to find words to describe being there. . .

But, unfortunately it is taking forever to load. So if I get a chance I will load it, and write the rest of the story at a later date.


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos. Indeed, it does look like the top of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - and now you're above the clouds! Gorgeous photos. You look like you're wearing a parka - I take it the temperature is a little bit lower at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I just enlarged the photo. That's not a parka, that's just your hoodie. Silly Gwen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, hoodie in very strong wind.

    ReplyDelete