Saturday, February 13, 2010

Off again

In a few hours (okay more like 6) I will be leaving Belize for Guatemala, with a short stop in San Salvador in between.

I have enjoyed my time here, even if it's much more touristy than I had originally thought - there are many beautiful parts of Belize, and also of this little island. I have had an opportunity to get to know some of the locals, and for the most part they are wonderful people - though as with any place geared towards tourism there is also a healthy supply of hustlers here, but they are mostly harmless.

So off I go again, back on the boat, through Belize city and then into the air on the part of this trip that was one of the main reasons for the whole thing - the mission trip.

Over the next ten days I will have an opportunity to learn all about the work the church is doing in several areas of Guatemala, as well as a few chances to get my hands dirty and help out. As many of you know I started this whole thing to try and find a way to reset my own values, and now I look forward to meeting people who's lives, although materialistically poor - are rich in family and values.

So thanks for reading - I hope you've enjoyed the Belizean part of this adventure, and in ten or twelve days I will get back to blogging on the adventures I have with the mission group,

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the feedback.

Love and Prayers,

Andy

2 comments:

  1. We hope and pray you"ll find what you're looking for - all a great experience anyway!
    Your "Blogs" are great (where did that name come from?!)
    Always love you. Grandma + Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy - looking forward to hearing about your experience in Guatemala. I'll keep checking back here to see if there's anything new :)

    Grandma and Grandpa - if you check this again - it's from the smushing together of the term 'Web Log'.

    ReplyDelete